TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Effective Mar 15, 2022
These Terms and Conditions (the “terms”) describe your rights and responsibilities when using the BreachRx software as a service platform (the “Services”). Please read them carefully. BreachRx (“Company”) agrees to provide you (“Customer”) with access to use the Services and Customer agrees to use Services pursuant to these terms and conditions and any “Agreement” agreed to and signed in writing by both Company and Customer. If any Customer-Specific terms apply to Customer, those terms are also incorporated herein by reference.
1. SAAS SERVICES AND SUPPORT
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company will provide Customer the Services. As part of the registration process, Customer will identify an administrative email address for Customer’s Company
- Subject to the terms hereof, Company will provide Customer with reasonable technical support services in accordance with Company’s standard
- Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company will provide Customer a limited license to access Company Services application programming interfaces (“APIs”) and documentation only as necessary to develop, test and support integrations of your applications with Services.
2. RESTRICTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer will not, directly or indirectly: reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, object code or underlying structure, ideas, know- how or algorithms relevant to the Services or any software, documentation or data related to the Services (“Software”); modify, translate, or create derivative works based on the Services or any Software (except to the extent expressly permitted by Company or authorized within the Services); use the Services or any Software for timesharing or service bureau purposes or otherwise for the benefit of a third; or remove any proprietary notices or
- Customer shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment and ancillary services needed to connect to, access or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, servers, software, operating systems, networking, web servers and the like (collectively, “Equipment”). Customer shall also be responsible for maintaining the security of the Equipment, Customer account, passwords (including but not limited to administrative and user passwords) and files, and for all uses of Customer account or the Equipment with or without Customer’s knowledge or
- Customer shall not provide sell, rent, lease, sublicense, loan, redistribute, syndicate, or delegate access to APIs beyond Customer users without the Company’s prior written consent. Customer agrees they will not: (a) access APIs or documentation in violation of any law or regulation; (b) access APIs in any manner that (i) compromises, breaks or circumvents any of Company technical processes or security measures associated with the Services, (ii) poses a security vulnerability to customers or users of the Services, or (iii) tests the vulnerability of our systems or networks; (c) access APIs or documentation in order to replicate or compete with the Services; (d) attempt to reverse engineer or otherwise derive source code, trade secrets, or know-how of APIs or Services; or (e) attempt to use APIs in a manner that exceeds rate limits, or constitutes excessive or abusive usage.
- Company shall use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures, including disaster recovery and business continuity procedures, designed to: (a) ensure the security and integrity of all forms of data or communication made available to Company by the Customer or individuals authorized by Customer to use the Services or who have been supplied passwords by Customer (“Customer Data”) , and (b) protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Customer Data. Notice of any actual or reasonably suspected access to Customer Data within Company’s care, custody, or control will be provided within forty eight hours of In relation to any “Personal Information” as defined in applicable data protection laws, processed in connection with the performance of this Agreement, Company will only process the Personal Information: (i) to the extent, and in such manner, as is necessary in order to comply with obligations under this Agreement; (ii) in accordance with Customer’s instructions (unless otherwise required in compliance with applicable laws); (iii) for the duration of the term of the Agreement, unless otherwise instructed by Customer. Company shall ensure that access to Personal Information is limited to those personnel or subcontractors who (i) need to access the Personal Information to meet its obligations under the Agreement, and (ii) are bound by terms as restrictive as those set out under this Agreement. Company will be liable for any violation of applicable laws by its personnel or subcontractors.
- During the Initial Services Term, Company will provide Customer with all significant updates to Company’s Service’s functionality that Company generally releases to other Customers at no charge.
- Company and its subcontractors are insured with financially sound and reputable insurance companies, in such amounts, with such deductibles and covering such risks as are customarily carried by companies engaged in similar businesses where Company and such subcontractors
3. CONFIDENTIALITY; PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
- Each party (the “Receiving Party”) understands that the other party (the “Disclosing Party”) has disclosed or may disclose business, technical or financial information relating to the Disclosing Party’s business (hereinafter referred to as “Proprietary Information” of the Disclosing Party). Proprietary Information of Company includes non-public information regarding features, functionality and performance of the Proprietary Information of Customer includes Customer Data. The Receiving Party agrees: (i) to take reasonable precautions to protect such Proprietary Information, and (ii) not to use (except in performance of the Services or as otherwise permitted herein) or divulge to any third person any such Proprietary Information. The Disclosing Party agrees that the foregoing shall not apply with respect to any information that the Receiving Party can document (a) is or becomes generally available to the public other than as a result of breach of this Agreement, or (b) was in its possession or known by it prior to receipt from the Disclosing Party, or (c) was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third party, or (d) was independently developed without use of any Proprietary Information of the Disclosing Party or (e) is required to be disclosed by law, provided that, to the extent legally permissible, the Receiving Party provides the Disclosing Party with reasonable prior written notice of such disclosure and makes a reasonable effort to obtain, or to assist the Disclosing Party in obtaining (at the Disclosing Party’s expense), a protective order preventing or limiting the disclosure of Proprietary Information. In any event, the Receiving Party shall make such disclosure only to the extent required and shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that confidential treatment is afforded to any Proprietary Information so disclosed.
- Company shall own and retain all right, title and interest in and to (a) the Services and Software, all improvements, enhancements or modifications thereto, (b) any software, applications, inventions or other technology developed in connection with Implementation Services or support, and (c) all intellectual property rights related to any of the foregoing. In the event Customer provides Company with feedback and reports about any errors, problems, or defects in, or suggestions for changes and improvement to the Services (“Feedback”), Customer hereby grants to Company an irrevocable, fully-paid up, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly perform, and publicly display such Feedback in any medium or format, whether now known or later
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Company shall have the right to collect aggregated and anonymous data and learnings regarding Customer’s use of the No rights or licenses are granted except as expressly set forth herein.
4. PAYMENT OF FEES
- Customer will pay Company the then applicable fees described in the Order Form for the Services and Implementation Services in accordance with the terms therein (the “Fees”). Company reserves the right to change the Fees or applicable charges and to institute new charges and Fees at the end of the Initial Service Term or then-current renewal term, upon thirty (30) days prior notice to Customer (which may be sent by email). If Customer believes that Company has billed Customer incorrectly, Customer must contact Company no later than 60 days after the closing date on the first billing statement in which the error or problem appeared, in order to receive an adjustment or credit. Inquiries should be directed to Company’s customer support department.
- Full payment for undisputed invoices issued in any given month must be received by Company thirty (30) days after Customer’s receipt of such invoice. Unpaid amounts are subject to a finance charge of 5% per month on any outstanding balance, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is lower, plus all expenses of collection and may result in immediate termination of Service. Customer shall be responsible for all taxes associated with Services other than taxes based on Company’s net income.
5. TERM AND TERMINATION
- Subject to earlier termination as provided below, this Agreement is for the Initial Service Term as specified in the Order Form, and shall be renewed, with Customer’s prior written consent, for additional periods of the same duration as the Initial Service Term (collectively, the “Term”) at Company’s then current In addition to any other remedies it may have, either party may also terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days’ notice (or without notice in the case of nonpayment), if the other party materially breaches any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Except where this Agreement is terminated for Company’s breach, Customer will pay in full for the Services up to and including the last day on which the Services are provided. All sections of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination, including, without limitation, accrued rights to payment, confidentiality obligations, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
6. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER
Company shall (i) provide the Services in conformance with any documentation supplied or made available to Customer by Company and in accordance with all applicable laws, (ii) use reasonable efforts consistent with prevailing industry standards to maintain the Services in a manner which minimizes errors and interruptions in the Services, and (iii) perform the Implementation Services in a professional and workmanlike manner. Services may be temporarily unavailable for scheduled maintenance or for unscheduled emergency maintenance, either by Company or by third-party providers, or because of other causes beyond Company’s reasonable control, but Company shall use reasonable efforts to provide advance notice in writing or by e-mail of any scheduled service disruption. HOWEVER, COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION, THE SERVICES AND IMPLEMENTATION SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, EXCEPT FOR A PARTY’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE, WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, OR BREACH OF ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER SECTION 2, 3, OR 6 OF THIS AGREEMENT, BODILY INJURY OF A PERSON, EACH PARTY AND ITS SUPPLIERS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ALL EQUIPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY SUPPLIERS), OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS AND EMPLOYEES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT OR TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATED THERETO UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY: (A) FOR ERROR OR INTERRUPTION OF USE OR FOR LOSS OR INACCURACY OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY OR LOSS OF BUSINESS; (B) FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (C) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND COMPANY’S REASONABLE CONTROL; OR (D) FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT, TOGETHER WITH AMOUNTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL OTHER CLAIMS, EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACT THAT GAVE RISE TO THE LIABILITY, IN EACH CASE, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by either party without the other party’s prior written consent; provided that either Party may assign this Agreement as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets without such consent. This Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all waivers and modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and Customer does not have any authority of any kind to bind Company in any respect whatsoever. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees. All notices under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service; and upon receipt, if sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.